Departmental servers should always be encrypted – even if they only run a process as simple as print services – as they often reside in unsecured environments. Any server that manages data related to a business and its customers needs to be secured from prying eyes.
Just because servers reside in some of the most secure areas of a business this doesn’t preclude them from being at risk to data loss or theft. Something as simple as an IT manager swapping storage drives in a server and misplacing them could lead to a data loss. If that drive isn’t encrypted, its information is at risk of being exposed, leaving an organization at risk of regulatory violations, personal lawsuits and damage to corporate reputation.
WinMagic’s SecureDoc for Servers and OSA (Operating System Agnostic) for Servers helps businesses lock down their infrastructure investment, offering software or hardware full disk encryption and a host of other features to seamlessly manage and secure the data residing on a company’s servers.
Features at a glance:
- Ideal for departmental servers
- Support for TCG Enterprise Drives
- Only full-disk encryption solution to offer pre-boot network authentication via PBConnex
- Certifications: FIPS 140-2, AES validation
- Can be centrally managed by SecureDoc Enterprise Server (SES)
- RAID Support